About Our Website
This website is a project of The Missouri Bar. It is intended to be an easy, convenient resource for lawyers to:
- Search opportunities within affiliate entities to use their skills and knowledge to provide pro bono legal assistance to Missouri citizens who cannot afford an attorney.
It is also intended be a host site for approved affiliate entities to:
- List both global and specific pro bono needs and opportunities for lawyers in Missouri, categorized by substantive legal area, geographic area, time-frame, and organization.
In addition, this site provides a prominent spot to encourage, recognize and offer training for lawyers who provide pro bono service. Content on this site includes:
- Information to encourage lawyers to serve the community and profession through pro bono services,
- Prominent articles and content recognizing lawyers who perform pro bono work throughout the state,
- Links to information about resources that make it easier for lawyers to perform pro bono services,
- Opportunities for training and support that will help make pro bono service easier and which is likely to improve a lawyer regular practice as well,
- News and information about the legal pro bono community across Missouri and throughout the U.S.
If you have any suggestions for content or other suggestions for improving the site, please contact us. We'd love to hear from you!